Airbox is an air and sea cargo company. We provide online shopping, international courier and other complementary transport activities.
Buy from the comfort of your home or office or use our online shopping service, where we take care of placing and handling your order for you; this way you can buy merchandise that you can’t find in the local market and compare prices with international suppliers.
To ensure delay-free delivery of your merchandise, be sure to include your PTY account number when entering your address:
“My account” is a personalized customer service tool. From there you will be able to carry out multiple functions, such as inquiries about the status of packages and your purchases online, make package alerts, modifications to your account, add or delete authorized users, check your current account status or previous dates, make online payments, all that and more with 24 hour access. Explore “my account” now:
Yes, Airbox has a home delivery service in the metropolitan area and some areas on the outskirts of the city. To coordinate your delivery, please contact us at 269-9774, via WhatsApp at 69821029, online chat on the website, or visit the nearest office and confirm your address to verify that it is within our coverage area.
Update your address from “my account”.
These are the payment options: by online banking or by credit card from “my account”.
- BAC account 104044490 Airbox Express S.A. Acct. Stream
- Banistmo account 0101069079 Airbox Express S.A. Acct. Stream
- Banco General account 04-95-02-014503-2 Airbox Express S.A. Acct. Savings
- Payments on site by cash, debit cards, credit and checks. Payments with checks of $500 and over must be certified.
Send your proof of payment via WhatsApp to 6982-1029, to the online chat on the website or through the following form:
Our delivery time from Miami to Panama is 2 to 3 business days in the premium plan. The economic air service from 4 to 6 business days and by sea from 12 to 17 business days approximately.
If the merchandise requires special procedures, it will take a few additional days, subject to the response time of the Authority or Ministry to which said procedure corresponds.
After your purchase online, your provider will confirm the dispatch of the merchandise through a tracking number, you can also find this information by checking the status of your order from your provider’s website. The tracking number is a code, sometimes alphanumeric, that allows you to track your package and confirm delivery to our warehouse in Miami. The most widely used internal carriers are: USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, among others.
With your tracking number you can go directly to the website of the internal carrier.
If your merchandise has proof of delivery and you have not received it, please contact us at 269-9774, via WhatsApp at 69821029, to the online chat on the website, or visit the nearest office and provide the details of your purchase so that we can start a review process and rule out that the package contains wrong or incomplete information. The data you must provide are: your name, PTY account number with Airbox and the tracking number of your package.
Unlike other internal carriers, the delivery service through the USPS (United States Postal Service) does not work with door-to-door deliveries, that is, the USPS does not physically deliver to our address in Miami. The delivery updates on your website only show the arrival of the merchandise and mail at a postal building, where later a person in charge of our warehouse in Miami goes and collects, up to 2 times a day, everything consigned to our address for delivery so that it can be broken down and shipped to Panama.
Generally once USPS updates Proof of Delivery in Miami, merchandise and mail will be available within 24-48 hours for pickup and transfer to our Miami warehouse.
If your merchandise has proof of delivery and you have not received it, please contact us at 269-9774, via WhatsApp at 69821029, to the online chat on the website, or visit the nearest Branch and provide the details of your purchase to that we can start a review process and rule out that the package contains wrong or incomplete information. The data you must provide are: your name, PTY account number with Airbox and the tracking number of your package.
The package alert system is an option that allows you to send in advance the invoice and description of your online purchases. This way you can expedite the shipping process from the United States to Panama and the Customs procedures at destination. It facilitates the recognition of your purchases in the event that they arrive at our warehouse without your PTY account number, avoiding additional charges for *recognition of packages, storage in Miami and delay in the dispatch of your purchases.
*Package Recognition Fee $1.99 per package.
FREIGHT AND CUSTOMS CHARGES
The freight charge corresponds to the transport service from the United States to Panama. Airbox does not charge for the volume of packages in which all sides are less than 50 “(inches).
To determine the freight of your merchandise, you must take into account the greater value between the actual weight and the volumetric weight. The real weight corresponds to the physical weight of the package, either in pounds or kilos. While the volume weight, in the field of transport, is the way of expressing the space that a box occupies in relation to its real or physical weight. Freight rates are based on whole pounds. No fractional pound freight charges apply.
Formula for calculating volumetric weight = (Height x Length x Width) / 166.
For example: 52 x 14 x 10= 7,280 ÷ 166= 43.8 lbs volume.
Customs or introduction taxes are mandatory taxes applied to goods that enter the national territory legally, collected by the public administration.
Packages with a value up to $100 (CIF value: cost + insurance + freight) are free of Customs Tax. Based on Law No. 53 of December 13, 2007 that approves the Trade Promotion Treaty between the Republic of Panama and the United States of America.
Some goods require special permits to enter the national territory in order to help safeguard the health and safety of the consumer. These procedures are requested by the following authorities:
- AUPSA – Panamanian Food Safety Authority: groceries (food and beverages), supplements (food, dietary, vitamin), vitamins and others.
- MINSA: Pharmacies and Drugs, Customs Laboratory and if necessary, Gorgas and Firefighters Seal: all products that have contact with the body such as: medicines, cosmetics, body creams, perfumes, reagents and others.
- ANAM and Agricultural Quarantine: Goods made of wood or that include wood and its derivatives.
Seeds, live plants: their import is prohibited without prior processing or permission. This procedure is carried out directly by the client and if they do not have the documentation, they may be seized and incinerated immediately by the Agricultural Quarantine of Panama.
Firefighters, Customs and Environmental Health Laboratory: Paints / Aerosols.
Valuation procedure: bond paper and its derivatives, paper towels, paper napkins, among others.
- AUPSA, by notification or description: $3
- Pharmacies and Drugs: $8
- Customs Laboratory: $15
- Gorgas stamp: $20
- Firefighters: $10
- Environmental Health: $20
- ANAM: $45 minimum
- Agricultural Quarantine: $15
- Valuation: $20 minimum
The benefits depend on your needs, however we will list some:
- Access to thousands of stores, products and offers.
- Make your purchases from the comfort of your home or office, without roadblocks or lines.
- Dispose of merchandise that is not found in the local market.
- Savings on your purchases. Allows you to compare prices at local establishments versus international providers.
- Access to the latest in technology.
- Among others.
In addition to the freight charge and others depending on the case, the handling or use of our corporate card is 6.50 + itbms ($6.96) in purchases up to $500, for purchases over $500 an extra charge of 2% of the purchase value will apply.
Enter the following link, where we list some of the most used providers:
To avoid being a victim of fraud when making purchases online, consider the following:
- Check the reliability of the website, references, security terms.
- Make your purchases with recognized suppliers.
- Follow up on the status of your purchases.
Merchandise insurance in a benefit that allows you to have coverage against possible risks that your purchases may suffer during their handling and transportation from the United States to Panama. It is important that your merchandise has insurance to guarantee coverage of risks and have full or partial compensation for the damage, depending on the case.
Merchandise insurance covers the following risks: merchandise that is damaged or damaged as a result of handling and transportation from the United States to Panama, missing according to the packing list or invoice (as long as it is confirmed that it was dispatched by the supplier) and loss of packages that have proof of door-to-door delivery at our warehouses in Miami or Panama.
If the damage to your merchandise is a product of handling and transportation from the United States to Panama, Airbox validates the attention of your claim through our insurance company. With Airbox all your packages are insured.
In case of damage or factory defects you must present your claim directly to the supplier.
If the purchase is made directly, you must place the claim with your provider. Usually the supplier requests the return of the wrong merchandise to send the replacement or refund the money. At Airbox we have a package return service. Giving you a safe and reliable alternative in the merchandise return process. Restrictions apply.
In the event that it is through our online shopping service, you must inform us within a period of no more than 24 hours and return the merchandise to process the claim with the supplier.
- Packages with a value up to $100 (CIF value: cost + insurance + freight) are free of Customs Tax. Based on Law No. 53 of December 13, 2007 that approves the Trade Promotion Treaty between the Republic of Panama and the United States of America
- Airbox Express does not charge volume for packages where all sides are less than 50” (inches).
- Remember to put your PTY account number on all your purchases. Avoid additional charges for package recognition or storage.
- Pre-Alert your purchases and expedite the shipping process from the United States to Panama and Customs procedures at destination.
- Your packages are received in Miami from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Miami time.
- Avoid the risk of separate shipments when making your purchases on Amazon and E-bay, check that the merchandise is sold by the same vendor or seller.