A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and that are stored in the user’s terminal, which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can make your next visit easier and make the site more useful by customizing your content. Cookies play a very important role, by improving the experience of using the Web.
When browsing through this website, the user is accepting that cookies can be installed on their terminal and that they allow us to know the following information:
– Statistical information on the use of the website.
– The user’s ‘login’ to keep the session active on the web.
– The latest searches performed on the web services and personalization data of these services.
– Information about the ads that are shown to the user.
– Data of the connection with social networks for users who access their Facebook or Twitter user.
This website uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user accesses the Web and permanent cookies store the data in the terminal to be accessed and used in more than one session.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, the Website may use:
Technical cookies.- Are those that allow the user to navigate through the website or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it. For example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access Web Parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during the browsing and storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound.
Personalization cookies.- These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined in their terminal or defined by the user. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the selected content design, geolocation of the terminal and the regional configuration from where the service is accessed.
Advertising cookies.- Are those that allow the effective management of advertising spaces that have been included in the Web page or application from which the service is provided. They allow to adapt the content of the advertising so that it is relevant for the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies.- These are those that allow tracking and analysis of user behavior on Web sites. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the Web sites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, with the purpose of introducing improvements in the service based on of the usage data that users make.
Third-party cookies.- On some web pages, third-party cookies can be installed to manage and improve the services offered. As for example, Google Analytics statistical services.
The user has the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on his computer by configuring the browser options installed on his terminal:
To adjust the permissions related to cookies in the Google Chrome Browser:
– Click on the menu located in the toolbar.
– Select Settings.
– Click on Show advanced options.
– In the “Privacy” section click on the Content Settings button.
– In the “Cookies” section you can configure the options.
To adjust the permissions related to cookies in the Mozilla Firefox browser:
– In the upper part of the Firefox window click on the Tools menu.
– Select Options.
– Select the Privacy panel.
– In the Firefox option you can choose Use a custom configuration for the history to configure the options.
To adjust the permissions related to cookies in the Internet Explorer 9 Browser:
– At the top of the Internet Explorer window, click on the Tools menu.
– Select the Security tab and use the option Delete browsing history to delete cookies. Activate the Cookies box, and then click Remove.
– Select the Security tab and use the Settings move the slider all the way up to block all cookies or completely down to allow all cookies. After that, click on OK.
In some browsers you can configure specific rules to manage cookies per website, which offers more precise control over privacy. This means that you can disable cookies from all sites except those that are trusted.